The Portuguese wines had totaled 985 medals and 16 Trophies at the International Wine Challenge, in London.
The 33rd edition of the International Wine Challenge distinguished 985 Portuguese wines with 64 Gold medals, 238 Silver medals and 341 Bronze medals. Among the 64 wines awarded with Gold medals, 16 have received Trophies, the most the highest distinction of the competition. Douro and Porto was the most awarded wine region with a total of 377 medals, including 52 Gold medals and 9 Trophies.
Portugal was among the most awarded countries together with France, Italy, Spain and Australia. The IWC is divided into two different tasting moments. The wines of Tranche 1 were tasted in November and the wines of Tranche 2 in April. The Trophies result of the wine tasting of the wines awarded with Gold medals in both Tranches. The evaluation process was carried out with the wines divided in the context of style, country and region.
Check out the full list of winners here
List of Portuguese wines awarded with Trophies at the 2016 IWC:
- Pluma Alvarinho Reserva, 2014
- Marks and Spencer 10 Year Old Tawny Port, NV
- Contacto Amselmo Mendes, 2015
- Burmester Tordiz Porto 40 Year Old Tawny, NV
- Kopke Colheita, 1941
- Kopke Colheita White, 1935
- Henriques & Henriques, 20 Year Old Verdelho, NV
- Henriques & Henriques, 50 Year Old Tinta Negra Rich, NV
- Henriques & Henriques, 20 year old Malvasia, NV
- Quinta do Crasto, LBV Port, 2011
- Vasques de Carvalho 30 Anos Tawny Port, NV
- Quinta dos Malvedos Vintage Port, 2004
- Quinta da Foz Grande Reserva, 2012
- Single Harvest Boal, 2000
- Vinho Regional Alentejano Selecção Reserva Tinto Pingoe, 2014
- Vista Alegre Port 20 Years Old Tawny, NV